Friday, August 20, 2010

The 5th Day at YOV

i was lazy to blog on what happened from the first to the fourth day
basically i'm working as a tour guide in the Youth Olympic Village
i bring S'pore Primary and Secondary student around the village
to experience and learn about YOG and most of all, have FUN

Today i was facilitating Monfort Junior School
i had enjoyed the interaction again, they were a bunch of cooperative kids
they were a little talkative, they liked to be heard and i just can't get them to get into two neat lines while touring the village
the reason might be that they're really excited
throughout the last half of the tour, they were really hungry
some of them kept bugging me about hunger
with their young hungry faces, i feel for them, but i can't do much

how can i forget about the kid whom have a strong passion for softball,
i felt it
he told me his story about how he got into the school's softball team
very exciting story he told
i was motivated by him, not very much, but he did attract my attention for one.

Before he left, he asked if i had facebook, he was the only one that i was willing to say "yes, i have"
i can't image if all of them adds me, Haha, disastrous

also while i was briefing the school for one of the station,
this old guy came up to me and took a friendship-band-looking-bracelet and shoved it near my hand but not on my hand
and then it dropped onto the ground
to think about it, i then realised he was trying to wear the friendship-band-looking-bracelet on me
but it dropped
i picked it up
and he was pushing it to me
in his foreign language
he said stuff, stuff that i can't decipher till now
i bet he said he's giving me the friendship-band-looking-bracelet
i guess that from his body language
i thanked him with my best body language thanking
it all happened super fast
i guess he is a colombia's NOC
cos the friendship-band-looking-bracelet says colombia

The receiving of the bracelet makes me feel happy and special
i guess it was lucky
if i could meet him again, i would show him the the bracelet fits well and properly thank him again.

Okay i have to prepare for day 6, take care and goodnight

Kenn

No comments:

Post a Comment